VersaTrap spore trap cassettes provide the sampling versatility you need to capture mold spores and other particles ranging from 1.5 to 3.9 µm. Sampling is as easy as selecting the flow rate that will target the desired particle size (see table), calibrating a pump to the flow rate, and collecting the sample.
The narrow slit inlet focuses particles toward the clear glass slide coated with a sticky substrate that holds the sample securely. Targeted size particles are effectively held in a well-defined rectangular footprint. Each slide is encased in a SureSeal certified leak-free cassette to ensure sample integrity.
The VersaTrap Advantage
- Positioning notches and flat edge on slide
Fast, easy alignment on microscope stage
- Uniform particle deposition
Uniform rectangular deposition provide for accurate analysis using standard equipment.
- High collection efficiency at flows between 5 and 30 L/min
Target specific size particles for true versatility. See table for more information.
- Unique serial numbering for sample traceability
High Flows + Low cut-points + No Particle Bounce = High Collection Efficiency
50% Cut-point (µm)
- Slides are easily removed from the cassette
- Positioning notches and flat edges provide for fast, easy alignment
- Well-defined rectangular footprint for accurate analysis using standard equipment
- Adhesive prevents blurring or wash off during staining
- Unique serial numbers for sample traceability
QuickTake 30 Sample Pump — Ideal for Spore Traps
The SKC QuickTake 30 sample pump is especially easy to use with VersaTrap as it was designed for spore trap cassettes to mount directly onto the pump and supply the features and accessories most needed for bioaerosol screening. The highly versatile QuickTake 30 sample pump can also be used with wall samplers, standard filter cassettes, impactors, and remote media. A programmable timer allows unattended sampling.
VersaTrap is a trademark of SKC Inc.